Senior DevOps Engineer
161 Bay Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5J 1C4
full-time . October 26, 2022
full-time . October 26, 2022
Remote – North and South America
Cybrid is a cryptocurrency banking-as-a-service (BaaS) company helping our FinTech partners offer cryptocurrency and decentralized financial (DeFi) services to their customers.
We fundamentally believe there will be a day when the traditional financial services that we all use today will be provided by the DeFi technology that is rapidly being developed by the ever-expanding crypto community. All FinTechs, WealthTechs, Neobanks, and traditional banks will provide their customers with the ability to buy and swap cryptocurrencies, tokens and derivatives, get real yield on their fiat and crypto holdings, and use both traditional and new financial services fully backed by DeFi!
Our mission is to provide our partners with the infrastructure and the support required to offer their customers a wide variety of financial services built on DeFi in the fastest, most intuitive, secure and regulatory compliant way possible.
If this all sounds exciting to you we'd love for you to join us as one of our initial team members!
The DevOps Engineer role is on our Engineering team and the successful candidate will be responsible for deploying, monitoring and maintaining our cloud-based infrastructure.
This position will work directly with the Engineering and Product teams as well as our partners. The role will see you deploy the Cybrid platform to production, instrument and monitor the platform and work with other members of the Engineering team to ensure the platform is highly reliable, scalable and secure.
Roles and responsibilities
- Deploy and maintain the Cybrid operational infrastructure in our cloud environment and holistically monitor system performance
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain software solutions to manage platform infrastructure and applications
- Design, develop and maintain automated testing solutions to ensure a high quality platform is deployed to production in an fully automated fashion
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain cybersecurity infrastructure solutions and actively participate in vulnerability and risk management
- Actively research and deploy new technologies, services and techniques to maintain secure, reliable and scalable deployments
- Persistently monitor pipeline stats and work to ensure builds are timely and provide an accurate reflection of the performance of the platform in production
- Identify and instrument the Cybrid platform to monitor key performance indicators and actively work with other members of the Engineering team to address identified issues
- Working with other members of the Engineer team to triage, investigate and remediate defects in the platform
- Steadfastly review operational incidents with the Engineering team, perform root cause analysis, review incidents in a public, no-blame manner and implement mitigations
- Work with other members of the Engineering team to design and implement new solutions
- 5+ years of DevOps or related experience
- 3+ years deploying and maintaining cloud-based applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience deploying highly scalable, secure, reliable and robust cloud-based platforms
- Experience with Linux and containerized applications
- Experience building and maintaining CI/ CD pipelines
- Experience in automated deployment technologies
- Expertise in software engineering design principles and patterns
- Expertise in interfacing with REST APIs and JSON data formats
- Database experience with Postgres or similar relational database technologies
- Experience working with microservices architectures
- Experience with Git
- Strong experience with automated testing
- Company ownership through our employee stock option plan (ESOP)
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits: medical and dental
- RSP/ 401k matching
- Unlimited vacation
- Flexible hours and very few meetings
- Fully remote
- Become an initial team member
- Tons of opportunity for growth within the company!